Safumana Construction was established in 2015 under the CETA /Services SETA new venture creation programme.
Mr George James Matsimbi was prompted to start a business in construction by his background, raised by a construction worker. He also studied Quantity Surveying through Tshwane University of Technology.
This SMME has seen itself grow through tremendous heights with the support of the CETA and was awarded the following Discretionary Grant Projects.
- Financial year 2016/2017 – Construction Roadworks Level 2
This allowed Sofumana Construction to train 25 young people.
Upon Sofumana Construction excelling in training in the financial year 2016 / 2017, the CETA made an additional allocation to the entity in the financial year 2017/2018. The qualifications increased to as bellows;
- Construction Roadworks Level 2 – 25 young people are in training.
- Supervision of Construction Processes – 25 young people are also in training.
Sofumana Construction is not limited by the allocations made by the CETA and offers training in a variety qualifications such as;
- National Certificate: Construction Contracting Level 2
- National Certificate: Roadworks Level 2
- FETC: Supervision of Construction Processes Level 4
Mr Matsimbi sees his entity growing to a fully-fledged training centre with classrooms conducive for quality learning to take place. He seeks to extend his scope to other SETAs.