CETA Core Business division has two distinct and interlinked departments to enable it to fulfil its mandate of facilitating and funding skills development in the construction sector.
The CETA Core Business performs the following functions:
The primary function of the CETA in relation to quality assurance is to monitor and audit the achievements of the CETA in terms of national standards and qualifications standards by performing the following:
- Conducts research and analysis of the labour market within the construction sector including management of research on skills supply and demand, as well as being a trusted advisor on skills planning within the sector.
- Undertakes skills planning in line with Labour Market Information Intelligence Programme (LMIP) and PSET system, Skills Planning and Monitoring Framework, Goal 4.1 of the NSDS III as extended and the Medium Term Strategic Framework (MTSF) on the identification of medium to long-term skills shortages.
- Develop, review and update the Sector Skills Plan (SSP) for a credible mechanism for skills planning in the construction sector.
- Coordinate mechanisms such as ATR-WSP, for claiming of mandatory grants from the CETA by levy paying construction entities.
- The production of the Strategic Plan (SP) and the Annual Performance Plan (APP) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the CETA.
- The preparation and submission of quarterly progress reports against the APP and the APR of the CETA.
- Coordinate the design, development and/or revision of specified occupational standards and qualifications and/or part qualifications according to the QCTO procedure.
- Accredit providers for the qualifications or part-qualifications listed in the schedule in terms of criteria determined by the QCTO.
- Register Assessors to undertake assessment for specified qualifications of part-qualifications in terms of criteria determined by the QCTO.
- Maintain a comprehensive learner information management system.
- Upload learner data to the NLRD according to the NLRD load specifications
Acting Core Business Executive
Ms Khomotso Mpandeli