Welcome to the learner portal on the CETA website domain. The purpose of this portal is to assist young people with information of career paths that are available in the construction sector. This portal also serves as a platform for learners to join a database and for training providers and employers to access information on potential learners seeking to join education and training in the construction sector and / or seek placement.
Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) exists in terms of the Skills Development Act and is categorised as a Schedule 3A public entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA). Its mandate includes:
- Developing and implementing a sector skills plan promoting learning programmes.
- Registering learning programme agreements.
- Serving as an Education and Training Quality Authority.
- Collecting and disbursing skills development levies.
- Liaising with the National Skills Authority.
- Reporting to the Director-General of the Department of Higher Education and Training on its activities.
Download Career Guide